httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "bswen" <bs...@pku.edu.cn>
Subject RE: RE: Cannot build httpd on Win 7 + VS2010
Date Wed, 20 Apr 2011 06:57:00 GMT
Hi Gregg,

The method you suggested works greatly, I've done it successfully:
	- perl cvtdsp.pl -2005
	- VS 2008 conversion
	- VS 2101 conversion

Cheers,
bswen

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregg L. Smith [mailto:gls@gknw.net]
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 4:43 AM
To: dev@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: RE: Cannot build httpd on Win 7 + VS2010

Hi Bing,

This seems more like a user support question than for the dev list but here
goes;

As of the last releases (2.2.17 & 2.3.11) there were no .sln or .vcproj
files shipped in the sources. There are only the VC6 workspace & project
files (.dsw & .dsp). These are what the cvtdsp.pl -2005 modifies and it must
be used.

VC 2010 will not inport & convert these VC6 files. The last VC version to do
so was 2008 (VC9). Therefore, at this stage you need to have a copy of VC
2008 also to do that. It will convert these VC6 files. After that import you
just Save all, then open in VC2010. It will then convert them to VC 2010
which is a slow process compared to the conversion from VC6 in VC 2008.

Quite frankly the best way to build on VC 2010 is on the command line with
nmake. I prefer the IDE myself, but I'm using VC2008 and am not fond of VC
2010 anyway.

Cheers,

Gregg