httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <>
Subject Re: GA
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 12:07:04 GMT

On Mar 19, 2011, at 6:50 AM, Dan Poirier wrote:

> On Fri. 2011-03-18 at 09:03 PM EDT, Nick Kew <> wrote:
>> On 19 Mar 2011, at 00:02, Dan Poirier wrote:
>>> At some point, do we declare a feature-freeze for what will be 2.4.0?
>> Features can be added during a release.
> I was just thinking of a temporary pause, that might be helpful in
> getting to a point where trunk is stable enough to feel comfortable
> declaring it 2.4.0.
> Maybe we don't need anything that formal.  I get the sense that a few
> people have things they'd like to get in before "2.4.0" for some reason,
> but we hardly have a continuous stream of new features being added.

I think as we get closer to GA, most people will be more circumspect
about changing the API willy-nilly... if it needs to be done, then
it should be. 2.4 will be out there, as previous history clearly
shows, for quite a Long Time, and we should ensure the API is
what we need it to be.

View raw message