httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject aplog_module_index and C++
Date Fri, 25 Mar 2011 20:42:02 GMT
This is a constant pointer which is declared without initialization
like this in http_log.h:

static int * const aplog_module_index;

Unfortunately that's not valid C++ since there is no initializer.
Three of the four C++ compilers I tried consider that a fatal error.
Unfortunately, as I guess Stefan knows, it is tricky to make this work
in C too, and there does't seem to be much leeway.

Meanwhile, after removing "const" at least one of the C++ compilers
I'm trying generates a fatal error at the duplicate places
aplog_module_index is declared (when you use APLOG_USE_MODULE and also
include http_log.h).

My gut feel is that to get along with the wide array of C and C++
compilers out there we'll have to get less tricky, even if it means a
hard requirement to declare APLOG_USE_MODULE everywhere.