httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1087331 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/http_core.h include/http_main.h modules/generators/mod_status.c server/core.c server/main.c
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:32:01 GMT
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 1:20 PM, Jim Jagielski <jim@apache.org> wrote:

> On Mar 31, 2011, at 11:39 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
>>
>> there is one true generation, and it is the one you implement here,
>> and shouldn't be managed by the MPM
>>

> Well, I agree, of course, hence the implementation. But I was
> hesitant to touch the mpm "perception" of generation, since
> that's something that's been exposed for awhile...

It has already changed in 2.3.x in that you have to use ap_mpm_query()
to find the generation.

I think main() just tells the MPM what the generation is and the MPM
goes about its business with minimal code changes.
ap_mpm_query(GENERATION) would still work if we choose, but we could
back that out, preferring one-true-way over making 2.3.current modules
happy.

I'm happy to try this out in a few days.