httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Trawick <traw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1087331 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: include/http_core.h include/http_main.h modules/generators/mod_status.c server/core.c server/main.c
Date Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:39:58 GMT
On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:12 AM,  <jim@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jim
> Date: Thu Mar 31 15:12:09 2011
> New Revision: 1087331

> Log:
> Add in a configuration generation... this is independent of
> MPM gen, just in case we ever switch MPMs at a graceful ;)

switching MPMs at graceful is bad news (how do you manage the children
of the previous generation?)

there is one true generation, and it is the one you implement here,
and shouldn't be managed by the MPM

I have a couple of MPM things in progress:
* child status hook implemented by MPMs (child created, child exited,
child-lost-slot)
* end-generation hook (common implementation which consumes the child
status hook)

Hopefully I can finish up those in the next couple of days and then
see about consolidating on the one true generation representation.