httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: warnings sent to /dev/null during build?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:18:11 GMT
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm building with libtool2 on Ubuntu maverick, with
> --enable-maintainer-mode, but even though we're setup for lots of gcc
> warnings they're getting sent to /dev/null!

I was confused about the repetition I pasted.

FAQ says:

Notice that the second run of GCC has its output discarded. This is
done so that compiler warnings aren't annoyingly duplicated. If you
need to see both sets of warnings (you might have conditional code
inside ‘#ifdef PIC’ for example), you can turn off suppression with
the -no-suppress option to libtool's compile mode:

Which I am guessing is somehow conflicting with our building of shared
modules (first one is a no-op?)