httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: new ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse "feature" for 2.4??
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:03:08 GMT
On 29 Mar 2011, at 12:10 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> I *think* we're talking the same thing here... you seem to be
> focusing on how ProxyPassReverse is currently implemented, which
> is horribly slow, but but making ProxyPass automatically handle
> the default PPR case means we don't need to use that implementation.

What I did to handle the "slow list" case for both ProxyPass and
CacheEnable (which was modeled on ProxyPass originally) was to teach
the directive to have a once-only per-directory value, which takes
precedence if set, but reverts to the slow list if unset.

It may be worth doing the same with ProxyPassReverse?

And if nothing matches, we can default to sensible behaviour (ie
automated ProxyPassReverse). Does this make sense?

Regards,
Graham