httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: new ProxyPass/ProxyPassReverse "feature" for 2.4??
Date Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:57:37 GMT
> On 3/28/2011 6:19 PM, Graham Leggett wrote:
>> On 29 Mar 2011, at 1:08 AM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
>>
>>> My suggestion isn't per-dir.  It's a r->notes which is even more efficient.
>>
>> One further thing - it would need to work sanely from within a LocationMatch too.
>
> Regex's aren't generally reversible (differential?).  With a clever set of
> grouping operations, perhaps you could get back there, but I doubt it.

And it's the same reason that RewriteMatch [P] operations can't be reflected
back to an origin path in any sane way.

Our classic ProxyPassReverse isn't going anywhere soon :)

The interesting question is, once we can determine origin/target uri paths,
which gets applied first?  The ProxyPassReverse transformations, or the
direct ProxyPass reversal?