httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: aplog_module_index and C++
Date Sat, 26 Mar 2011 03:04:26 GMT
On 3/25/2011 7:13 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:

> A possibility would be to put the tentative definition in http_log.h
> inside a #ifndef __cplusplus. In C, nothing would change. And in C++,
> one would have to set APLOG_USE_MODULE() before using any logging
> function. What do you think of that? Would that be too confusing?

+1, as long as the .h files are usable verbatim from .cpp sources, then
whatever specific magic is required for the .cpp modules to adopt the
logging constructs would make good sense, and be just a bit of extra
work for such developers.  It just needs documenting.

I'll test-build mod_aspdotnet (a c++ module) against trunk just as soon
as your proposed fix is committed.