httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: If there is a win32 2.4 build...
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 01:26:45 GMT
On 3/20/2011 8:20 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Am 21.03.2011 02:12, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
>> dropping the compilation of mod_charset_lite - I believe no other modules
>> would be affected by this change.
> not even that - I build it fine against OS shipping iconv on NetWare, and would like
> keep it since it can solve some charset issues for autoindex ...

And so you should.

Also, if expat isn't a shipping component (or even if it is and you have
some pull) take a look at the 2.0.1 patch I suggested.

I'm strictly speaking of win32 with respect to apr returning 'we have no
iconv, we have no xlate', other platforms should make that call based on
feature tests, and for the vast majority, system iconv is fine.