httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Montague <m...@catseye.org>
Subject Re: mod_fcgid in httpd tarball?
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 22:21:47 GMT
  On March 18, 2011 18:07 , "William A. Rowe Jr." <wrowe@rowe-clan.net>
wrote:
> It seems like mod_fcgid has made huge progress and is now in a much
> more stable bugfix epoch of it's life, similar to how mod_proxy had
> progressed when development was kicked out of core for major http/1.1
> rework, and brought back in when a vast percentage of it's bugs had
> been addressed.
>
> Do we want to introduce mod_fcgid now into httpd 2.3.x for the next beta?

For what it's worth, on the systems I'm deploying, I'm using
mod_proxy_fcgi and putting in as much effort as necessary to fix any
bugs, add features I need to it, etc., simply because mod_proxy_fcgi is
a core module, while mod_fcgid is not.  If mod_fcgid were in core, I may
have wound up putting the effort there instead.  (I say "may have"
because I've come to think that mod_proxy_fcgi is actually a better
choice for my particular needs, anyway).

--
   Mark Montague
   mark@catseye.org