httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: GA
Date Thu, 17 Mar 2011 20:40:31 GMT
On 3/17/2011 1:31 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2011, at 11:34 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:

>>> FWIW, I would prefer another beta in April and tagging GA at or
>>> directly after the hackathon at Knockree (mid-May). There are still a
>>> number of things I want to have in 2.4 but I won't have much time in
>>> March.
>>
>> That sounds reasonable to me, but then I have my own little project
>> I'd like to finish up in time for the next beta :)
>>

> My plan is to have another beta the end of March, another
> in April and GA in May (at the latest)...

Well, if we presume that people will invent and collaborate to refine
some "cool stuff" at Wicklow, it isn't unreasonable to guess that such
a tarball would still be beta and need several weeks of a "large group"
of final testers and some bug fixes to be realistically be "the best
available version" and more robust than 2.2.17 in June.  I will vote
against declaring 'ga' any taraball which can't meet that self-described
label that we've  assign to every general release for over a dozen years :)