httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: initgroups() in mpm_common.c
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 18:36:35 GMT
Am 16.03.2011 13:04, schrieb Dan Poirier:
> The function is already wrapped in #ifndef HAVE_INITGROUPS, shouldn't
> that prevent it being compiled on platforms that don't need it?  If not,
> that should probably be fixed (or else I misunderstand what's
> happening).
no - cant be fixed. For whatever reason the idea is to have the function
on all platforms - (but as I pointed out the fake stub part is not used
by any other platform than probably BS2000):
#ifndef HAVE_INITGROUPS
int initgroups(const char *name, gid_t basegid)
{
#if defined(_OSD_POSIX) || defined(OS2) || defined(WIN32) ||
defined(NETWARE)
     return 0;
#else
#endif

> Also, I'm opposed to adding more #if PLATFORM_XYZ unless we absolutely
> have to.
agreed.

> Anyway, is there some reason why we wouldn't just add the prototype?
no, I'm fine with that too. I've added one in mpm_common.h since then it
makes sense and avoids compiler warnings too for those platforms which
compile mod_unixd.c and dont have HAVE_INITGROUPS defined:

Gün.