httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Ruggeri <DRugg...@primary.net>
Subject 2.2 crash on startup with SSLProxyMachineCertificateFile at server level?
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 11:47:15 GMT
Hello;
    I discovered this very late yesterday and have not had the
opportunity yet to generate a distributable test case and bug report,
but wanted to get this in front of folks to see if this may be known.

    Some high-level settings for the httpd configuration are bulleted
below, but otherwise this happens on an httpd 2.2.15 build for Solaris
Sparc. No errors are emitted and the return code of the httpd binary
itself fails the apachectl startup test (if [ $HTTPD ] .... ). Because
of the environment I was testing in, I had only truss on-hand to do
debugging and did see SIGSEGV thrown after another signal (I wish I
could remember it).
   *Four virtual hosts - three HTTP w/name-based virtual host
   *SSL server - distinct server cert/key in one HTTPS vhost
   *SSL Client in unencrypted PEM at server-level
   *Huge number of rewrites, redirects, file system aliases, etc
   *Lots of CGI squirreled away in htdocs directory

Only two of those points seem worth noting for this particular issue.
I'll try to get a test case with a throw-away cert/key combo for folks
to try and generate a formal bug today, but has anyone heard of/seen
this behavior before?

Daniel Ruggeri