httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: remove "experimental" label from mod_allowmethods?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 20:40:21 GMT
On 3/7/2011 2:35 PM, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> BTW, would anyone mind if I removed "experimental" also from
> mod_allowmethods? Given that it's a rather simple module, has been in
> use by infra for some time and is to be one of the recommended ways to
> limit request methods in 2.4, I think this makes sense.

Problem: It doesn't follow the naming conventions of an aaa module.

I don't remember if it's been renamed a few times already, but if it behaves
as authn/authz it should be named into that schema.

Otherwise I don't see any reason to jettison it, and we seem to have some
small consensus that shipping "graduated" non-experimental modules with 2.4
is the way to go.  It's simple, as you say, and works or does not work, so
dropping "experimental" seems like the way to go.