httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: balancer reset
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2011 19:31:10 GMT
On 3/2/2011 11:56 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> A current problem with balancers, even without the newer "change
> lbprovider" and/or "add new worker" stuff is that if a worker
> goes away and comes back, it takes some time for the lbmethod
> to get back into sync... basically, even though we know we
> should reset or age the load specifics, we don't.

Data collection has always had problems over graceful restarts, and
so long as the expiring proxy workers continue to update shm records
of the new generation, none of the methods will remain 'in sync'.

It certainly seems this needs a minimis solution prior to GA, one
which introduces the necessary API's.  (I wasn't sure what you mean
by 'post-beta' - if that is after beta .11 and before beta .12, or
if you were meaning after 2.4.0).