httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Mladen Turk <mt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PHP5.3.6
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:42:16 GMT
On 03/18/2011 04:12 PM, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2011, at 10:55 AM, Jeff Trawick wrote:
 >
> What would it take, from our side or from Stefan's, to make it ok for us to say "go here
for Windows binaries"? It surely seems that this would be a big win for both of us.

AFAICT they do not produce .msi installer, only .zip files
However I have httpd binaries linked to msvcrt.dll and build
by VS2008 which offer the highest possible compatibility.

See:
http://www.syndicateofideas.com/posts/fighting-the-msvcrt-dll-hell

It uses the latest WindowsDDK compilers which Microsoft
is using to compile system components.

I also use this system for quite some time for producing
commons daemon and few other windows binaries.

Regards
--
^TM