httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject GA
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 22:00:53 GMT
On Tuesday 01 March 2011, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> This is our first Beta release; Based on the feedback and result
> from this Beta, the hope is to push for a GA by the end of
> March (2011)!

FWIW, I would prefer another beta in April and tagging GA at or
directly after the hackathon at Knockree (mid-May). There are still a
number of things I want to have in 2.4 but I won't have much time in
March.

Really nice to have would be:
- change ap_pcfg_* API to allow error handling (working on it)
- change mod_include to (optionally) use the new ap_expr parser
- add document_root to request_rec (there was a patch on the list
IIRC) for use in mass vhost modules

Less important but still nice to have:
- Fix Solaris LDAP support (PR 42682). This needs no API change but
the chance of breaking something is so high that I fear the fix would
never be backported to 2.4.x.