httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Carsten Wiedmann <carsten_st...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Loadable Module debugging Apache 2.2.17 Windows.
Date Wed, 09 Feb 2011 08:39:07 GMT
Hello Zeno,

> Question: What does Apache use the SystemPath for? Does
> Apache_MSI-Installer for Windows install some Apache DLL into the
> System Path during the Setup? I will Google this now.

If you start Apache with the "GUI" (Apache monitor), Apache is started
as Windows service.
--> a Windows service only nows the system $PATH (it's having it's own
environment) and thus Apache / modules can only find DLLs in these dirs.

If you start Apache as console app with httpd.exe, it's using your user
environment. In this case system $path and user $path are merged and
Apache / modules can find DLLs in all those dirs.

Regards,
Carsten