httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1067178 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/modules/proxy/mod_proxy_balancer.c
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 16:43:53 GMT
On 04 Feb 2011, at 6:14 PM, Jim Jagielski wrote:

> Right now, the idea is for Apache to respond to simple GET requests,
> ala
> balancer-manager, to add workers. Of course, anything "authorized"
> could
> send those GET requests ;) ;)

We've finished zeroconf-ing one inhouse application we use, and we're
keen to do the same for httpd at some point as a possible balancer
module. As long as there was some or other function we could call
(optional or otherwise) when a worker was to be added or removed, that
would be enough for us.

Regards,
Graham