httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: balancer worker status
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:10:47 GMT

On Feb 1, 2011, at 1:32 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:

> On 2/1/2011 11:03 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>> Anyone have any good ideas on the best way, GUI-wise, on how
>> to set/reset the various worker statuses on the balancer-manager
>> page? Right now we just Enable|Disable, but obviously we need
>> more fine-grained control that that. Radio buttons? Checkboxes?
>>
>> (same with actually displaying the status as well... maybe
>> use the actual ProxySet status flags, eg: E, H, etc...)?
>
> For multi-choice, I'd go droplist with the current status defaulted.

To more I think about it, we have these as bitfields so you can
have combos of them, so for each status bit, I'm thinking of
a checkbox:

    Stby    Dis    Ign

After all, I am projecting that the main method to
actually set these won't be by the balancer-manager
web interface in the long run, but rather as direct
HTTP GET requests (need to make it more REST though)...