httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Field size recommendations for proxy balancer
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 13:36:46 GMT
Since we're moving a bunch of stuff, including strings, to
shm, we now need to worry about string lengths... I'd
appreciate an overview of the current values, which are
admittedly generous... maybe too generous (esp
PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE)?

/* Some max char string sizes, for shm fields */
#define PROXY_WORKER_MAX_SCHEME_SIZE    16
#define PROXY_WORKER_MAX_ROUTE_SIZE     64
#define PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE      96
#define PROXY_BALANCER_MAX_STICKY_SIZE  64

    char      name[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_NAME_SIZE];
    char      scheme[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_SCHEME_SIZE];   /* scheme to use ajp|http|https */
    char      hostname[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_ROUTE_SIZE];  /* remote backend address */
    char      route[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_ROUTE_SIZE];     /* balancing route */
    char      redirect[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_ROUTE_SIZE];  /* temporary balancing redirection route
*/
    char      flusher[PROXY_WORKER_MAX_SCHEME_SIZE];  /* flush provider used by mod_proxy_fdpass
*/
    char      sticky_path[PROXY_BALANCER_MAX_STICKY_SIZE];     /* URL sticky session identifier
*/
    char      sticky[PROXY_BALANCER_MAX_STICKY_SIZE];          /* sticky session identifier
*/

FWIW, we should likely have more than 4 :)