httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 09:19:41 GMT
Dear William

Thank you for your reply.

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:26 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 2/4/2011 4:58 PM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
>>
>> http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Apache/Libapr-1
>>
>> The module finally compiles fine _but_ Apache does not start. Apaches
>> tells me that the Module can not be found. But the module is there and
>> it compiled fine. So something seems strange.
>
> Provided that httpd's bin/ dir is in your path (it needs to resolve all
> of the .dll files), you should be able to use the 'depends' utility
> against your module to see what symbols couldn't be resolved or which
> .dll's could not be loaded.  http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Yes, C:\Apache2.2\bin is in my Path.

I got the dependencywalker yesterday but I did not know of
depends.exe.Thank you for the hint! Also I have not yet figured out
how to search within that tool ;). Will do that shortly.

> Couldn't live without it :)  Just be sure to choose 32 or 64 bit flavors
> based on the binaries you are trying to load, there's no one-shoe-fits-all
> binary for depends.exe.

I will check this and get back to you. I am on 32-bit Windows Vista in
Virtualbox 4.0.2 on Gentoo-Linux with Kernel 2.6.37.

Best
Zeno