httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:04:21 GMT
On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 4:35 PM, Zeno Davatz <zdavatz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:26 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
> <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> On 2/4/2011 4:58 PM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
>>>
>>> http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Apache/Libapr-1
>>>
>>> The module finally compiles fine _but_ Apache does not start. Apaches
>>> tells me that the Module can not be found. But the module is there and
>>> it compiled fine. So something seems strange.
>>
>> Provided that httpd's bin/ dir is in your path (it needs to resolve all
>> of the .dll files), you should be able to use the 'depends' utility
>> against your module to see what symbols couldn't be resolved or which
>> .dll's could not be loaded.  http://www.dependencywalker.com/
>
> Ok, Bingo your hint hit the blackspot! ;) dependencywalker tells me that
>
> Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
> Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
> export function in a delay-load dependent module.
>
> Basically it is missing the files: LIBAPR-1C.DLL, LIBAPR-1S.DLL,
> LIBAPRUTIL-1C.DLL, LIBHTTPD-C.DLL, LIBHTTPD-S.DLL
>
> Can I just copy the original DLLs I linked against to the the above
> location as it seems that every .a file needs a corresponding DLL-name
> even though the compilation worked or should I merge my .a (-c and -s)
> files back to one file as described here:

Ok, I done this. Now the error is gone but the Warning is still there:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

I checked this warning for the other modules as well (i.e. mod_proxy)
and dependency walker shows me this warning for that module as well.

Now I _can_ start Apache from the commandline typing httpd but I
_cannot_ start Apache via the GUI ;/

Best
Zeno