httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VS2010 release builds of Apache/mod_perl crash on Vista/2008/Win7
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 11:17:05 GMT
> I'm using Apache 2.2.17, mod_perl 2.0.4 and Perl 5.12.2 (patched as per
> 5.13.9 to allow building with VS2010). Apache/mod_perl crashes during
> start-up, downstream from ap_run_open_logs():

Two anecdotes in this neighborhood that might feed into your experimenting:

Once upon a time I had to use module built with an up-level windows
toolchain, which cared about native envvars set by the core of Apache.
 I found that the camel-case environment variable functions in windows
were "safer" for both sides to use, e.g. SetEnironmentVariable*
instead of putenv, the same ones used by APR already.

I also maintain a module that started crashing or  "several" windows
users, many years after it had been in use, out of hundreds/thousands
apparently due to putenv of a basic ascii string, but worked without
issue when it called SetEnvironmentVariable* via apr's env functions.