httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Loadable Module debugging Apache 2.2.17 Windows.
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:36:50 GMT
Dear William

As usual, thank you for your valuable reply.

On Tue, Feb 8, 2011 at 9:16 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 2/8/2011 8:30 AM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you start it "manually" from the console?
>>>
>>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/invoking.html
>>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#wincons

>>> Usually it will tell you a reason why something cannot be loaded.
>>
>> This is my debug output of
>>
>> httpd -e debug
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/816510
>>
>> ruby_module seems to be wonderfully loaded when starting from the console.
>
> This means the ruby module or functions within msys have an intrinsic design
> flaw that make them incompatible with running under the context of a 'service'.

Hmm, interesting. So apart from that this means that Apache can
actually load the module without a problem.

> As a service, there are no stdin/out/err file handles opened, they are simply
> NULL and may cause programs to misbehave in interesting ways.  I can't tell
> you what specifically mod_ruby has done wrong in this respect, because I'm
> simply too busy to review the code, but anyone familiar with windows services
> and the C language should be able to decipher this with little hassle.

Thank you again!

I am willing to pay anybody who can provide me with some help here. If
you know somebody, please let me know. Or if you know somebody, I can
contact. Otherwise I will try to proceed a bit myself. Seems doable.

Thank you for your time.

Best
Zeno