httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: ProxyPreserveHost - added functionality
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 14:55:03 GMT
On Thu, Feb 24, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Jeffrey E Burgoyne <burgoyne@keenuh.com> wrote:
> In a location context (do not believe I can use a directory as it is being
> proxied), I thought about that. I felt it was better to mirror the current
> ProxyPass configuration item for consistencies sake.

There isn't a location context as far as I am aware. Location is part
of 'directory' context, see [1]. However see below, Eric's reply
pointed the most intuitive solution.

> For example :
>
> ProxyPass /cgi-bin http://otherserver.com/cgi-bin
>
> is the current standard as opposed to
>
> <Location>
>    /cgi-bin http://otherserver.com/cgi-bin
> </Location>
>

> So I just went with that style.

Well, that style would be to have an option to ProxyPass that flips
the worker's preserve host attribute, eg:

ProxyPass /cgi-bin/ http://otherserver.com/cgi-bin/ preservehost=On
keepalive=Off

This is more akin to how other worker properties are set.

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/directive-dict.html#Context