httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 15:35:46 GMT
Dear William

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:26 AM, William A. Rowe Jr.
<wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 2/4/2011 4:58 PM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
>>
>> http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Apache/Libapr-1
>>
>> The module finally compiles fine _but_ Apache does not start. Apaches
>> tells me that the Module can not be found. But the module is there and
>> it compiled fine. So something seems strange.
>
> Provided that httpd's bin/ dir is in your path (it needs to resolve all
> of the .dll files), you should be able to use the 'depends' utility
> against your module to see what symbols couldn't be resolved or which
> .dll's could not be loaded.  http://www.dependencywalker.com/

Ok, Bingo your hint hit the blackspot! ;) dependencywalker tells me that

Error: At least one required implicit or forwarded dependency was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing
export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Basically it is missing the files: LIBAPR-1C.DLL, LIBAPR-1S.DLL,
LIBAPRUTIL-1C.DLL, LIBHTTPD-C.DLL, LIBHTTPD-S.DLL

Can I just copy the original DLLs I linked against to the the above
location as it seems that every .a file needs a corresponding DLL-name
even though the compilation worked or should I merge my .a (-c and -s)
files back to one file as described here:

http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@apr.apache.org/msg11024.html

Just for the understanding I had to take apart the libapr-1.dll,
libaprutil-1.dll and the libhttpd.dll to make the compilation with
MinGW work via the .a files as described here:
http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Apache/Libapr-1

Thanks for the support so far. This seems to be not to far away.

Best
Zeno