httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache on Windows
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 13:47:21 GMT
Dear Igor

Thank you for your reply.

2011/2/3 Igor Galić <i.galic@brainsware.org>:

>> https://gist.github.com/809279
>
> Your paste says:
> "make: *** [mod_ruby.so] Error 1"
>
> Ignoring the fact that mod_ruby is pretty much dead **
> I'm not exactly clear what this has to do with httpd development..

To build mod_ruby I need to compile it against the libs of Apache.

This is my Makefile of mod_ruby - please see the Apache Path.

https://gist.github.com/804475

I build Ruby on Windows against MinGW. Now to get Ruby into Apache I
need to load mod_ruby.so into Apache. That is why I am building
mod_ruby against MinGW.

Note: mod_ruby.so loads perfectly well if I build it with nmake*. But
Ruby compiled against MSVS is slow - slower then compiled against
MinGW.

[* This is how I build mod_ruby.so with nmake:
http://mattn.kaoriya.net/software/lang/ruby/20081010193230.htm ]

Best
Zeno

**PS: Mod_Ruby is not dead. It is very stable and very fast for many
RPS. Shugo-san the author of mod_ruby confirmed on Twitter that he
wants to continue development.