httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Zeno Davatz <zdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Different vhosts.conf between Apache 2.2.17 for Windows and Apache for Linux 2.2.14-rc1 - issue 25435?
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:58:30 GMT
Dear Eric

Thank you for your reply.

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM, Eric Covener <covener@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Now I do not yet understand if that has any meaning or not.
>
> It means your mod_ruby can't act as a handler, the piece  which
> actually generates the response for a request.  This is why it only
> seems to work when you configure your windows system to run ruby
> scripts as CGI -- but it's not actually using mod_ruby at that point.

So what you are trying to tell me is, that mod_ruby on my Windows Box
does not yet act as a handler?

Another important difference is that my Server-Info of mod_ruby.c of
my Linux Server tells me

Content handlers: yes

and my Server-Info of my Windows Box tells me

Content handlers: none

Is there a specifically different way to handle Content Handlers on
Windows? I am now looking at this:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/wrapmod/chapter/ch04.html

Thank you for any Feedback.

Best