httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Loadable Module debugging Apache 2.2.17 Windows.
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 20:16:34 GMT
On 2/8/2011 8:30 AM, Zeno Davatz wrote:

>> Can you start it "manually" from the console?
>>
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/invoking.html
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/platform/windows.html#wincons
>>
>>> mod_ruby.so could not be loaded. If I open mod_ruby.so with
>>
>> Usually it will tell you a reason why something cannot be loaded.
>
> This is my debug output of
>
> httpd -e debug
>
> https://gist.github.com/816510
>
> ruby_module seems to be wonderfully loaded when starting from the console.

This means the ruby module or functions within msys have an intrinsic design
flaw that make them incompatible with running under the context of a 'service'.

As a service, there are no stdin/out/err file handles opened, they are simply
NULL and may cause programs to misbehave in interesting ways.  I can't tell
you what specifically mod_ruby has done wrong in this respect, because I'm
simply too busy to review the code, but anyone familiar with windows services
and the C language should be able to decipher this with little hassle.