httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 10:01:16 GMT
Hi Zeno,
Am 05.02.2011 10:09, schrieb Zeno Davatz:
> Dear Günter
>
> On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 12:15 AM, Guenter Knauf<fuankg@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Am 04.02.2011 23:58, schrieb Zeno Davatz:
>> did you 1st check that your MinGW Apache runs fine without mod_ruby?
>
> That is the point I do not yet fully understand. At the moment I am
> using the default Apache for Windows Version 2.2.17 compiled with
> Microsoft Visual Studio (normal msi-Installer). But my Ruby and
> mod_ruby for Windows where both compiled using MinGW-gcc-3.4.5.
this is where I misunderstood you: I thought that you were also tying to
get httpd / APR / APU compiled with MinGW, and not only mod_ruby.

> I tried that. Does not make a difference. I tried both MinGW-gcc-4.5
> and MinGW-gcc3.4.5
Here I meant to compile httpd / APR / APU with MSYS/MinGW. I believe
that now with latest MSYS chances increased that a normal configure
build works; just a few days back I had to compile binutils for Win32,
and while this was a pain some years back when I last looked at it now
it worked great (though this might not only be because of MSYS
improvements, but also binutils changes).

>>> If you point me towards the people I will try to get in touch to push
>>> this a bit forward. I am also willing to back it up financially to a
>>> certain extent.
>>
>> I'm interested into it, and you may contact me.
Again, here I meant to get httpd / APR / APU compiled with MinGW.

> Can you try to follow my steps I listed here and tell me if the Module
> loads for you at startup?. Actually you can download the mod_ruby.so
> compiled with MinGW from below link:
>
> http://dev.ywesee.com/wiki.php/Apache/Libapr-1
thats not possible since the DLLs you linked against are missing in the
archive.

Gün.