httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: MinGW and Apache
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 18:46:14 GMT
On 2/4/2011 10:25 AM, Zeno Davatz wrote:
> Hi
>
> I got two fundamental questions nobody over at users@apache could answer:
>
> 1. Will a module that I compiled using MinGW on Windows load in Apache
> 2.2.17 that was compiled with nmake?

It aught to, against a 2.2.17 that uses msvcrt.dll - if it is built for
msvcr### where ### is another MS fad, then all bets are off, but you should
give it a try.  If you use only apr functions in that module to alloc/free
memory, set envvars, or perform file io (no FILE/fd magic) then it should,
irrespective of which compilers/linkers were used.

> 2. Is there any chance of getting Apache to compile against MinGW on
> Windows? Will this be an official goal of the Apache foundation in the
> near future?

We don't have Foundation/project goals in the way you are thinking... but
there are a few committers who are interested in the subject, none of whom
have found the time to invest in closing the circle.