httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: Are there any specific info for the four vague change log entries?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2011 09:55:47 GMT

On 22 Feb 2011, at 07:47, Kuge, Tetsuo wrote:

> Without PR number, it seemed too hard to point out the changed code source code.
> So I wished that there appear specific PR number from some root "Change Log" data.
>
>> Not as such.  Check the SVN record for the context of the changes that
>> introduced each of those.  Or tell us what problem you're trying to solve
>> and maybe we can tell you something specific.
>
> All right.
> Since I am new to Apache development community, I would like to start from
> checking "SVN" and "SVN record" to ensure if we can identify the relationship
> with the four Change Log entries.

Use the "annotated" view:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/httpd/httpd/branches/2.2.x/CHANGES?view=annotate

Find the lines you're looking at, and that'll tell you the revision they're in.
Now you can see the whole revision and figure out what it's about.
You can also look for nearby revisions of the files affected, etc.

To take your first example,

(1) line 1788, Version 2.1.9, module: mod_proxy
 *) mod_proxy: Run the request_status hook also if there are no free workers
    or all workers are in error state.
    [Ruediger Pluem, Brian Akins <brian.akins turner.com>]

The annotated view tells you this log entry was introduced in revision 306900.
So go to
and view the change to the mod_proxy.c code, which in this case
looks well-commented.  If necessary, check nearby revisions that
might be related.

Note that it's often better to do this looking up in /trunk/ than in 2.2!

If you still can't figure it out, that would be a good time to ask here!

--
Nick Kew

Available for work, contract or permanent
http://www.webthing.com/~nick/cv.html