httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: mod_proxy_balancer build failure
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 13:24:12 GMT
PROXY_DECLARE(apr_status_t) ap_proxy_update_members is what I
want and what I meant.

On Feb 9, 2011, at 11:07 PM, Gregg L. Smith wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> Thank you, yet I'm more concerned about the former one honestly as it's a no-go.
>
> I looked up the error and you can not declare a function internal to the dll as a dll
import. Because of PROXY_DECLARE the function gets an import tag, so the function needs to
be exported or made static.

> If it is your intention to export this function, things are further complicated by the
fact if you /D PROXY_DECLARE_EXPORT, all functions in mod_proxy.h switch to export, so this
function needs to be separated from the rest of the PROXY_DECLAREs.

> The attached patch does just that, allowing the function to be exported without exporting
everything else, allowing this to build for Win32. If it was never your intention to export
it, just make it static.

> Cheers,
>
> Gregg

of dllimport function not allowed