httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1066944 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES configure.in server/main.c
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 23:01:32 GMT
On Thursday 03 February 2011, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Don't we also need to now start linking against lresolv??
>
> ..../dev/httpd-git-trunk/srclib/apr-util/libaprutil-1.la -lexpat
> -liconv
> /Users/jim/src/asf/code/dev/httpd-git-trunk/srclib/apr/libapr-1.la
> -lpthread Undefined symbols:
>   "_res_9_init", referenced from:
>       _main in libmain.a(main.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [httpd] Error 1
> make: *** [install-recursive] Error 1
>
> after this patch, build now breaks (at least os OS X).

I have read the AC_SEARCH_LIBS docs [1] to mean that it adds -lresolv
automatically to LIBS if needed. On my system, the test result is
"none needed", so I can't really test this.

Maybe we need an explicit APR_ADDTO? Does the attached patch help?

[1] http://www.gnu.org/software/hello/manual/autoconf/Libraries.html