httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Event MPM in httpd 2.2.x
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 00:16:23 GMT

----- "David Dabbs" <dmdabbs@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> I’m considering changing over to the event MPM, but as of 2.1.17 it is
> still marked with an “Experimental” warning in the MPM docs.

In the last couple of weeks (months?) there's been some fixes regarding
performance and one regarding SSL thread safety. At least the performance fix
should be easily back-portable.

> Does anyone know why the experimental warning was dropped in the 2.3
> (trunk) documentation?

Not only that, it's also the default mpm.

> Was it somehow stabilized/made ready-for-primetime?
>

> If you’re using a 2.2.x event MPM in a production environment, would
> you mind reporting your experiences with it?

>From my experience it's absolutely as stable as MPM worker.
As for the documentation and the ``Experimental'': I think we should drop
it - it's been long enough. Instead we should just state that in SSL mode,
event MPM defaults to the behaviour of worker. A warning regarding thread
safety might be due, as I'm affraid this:
won't be backportable.

> Thank you,
>

> David

Igor Galić