httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Allow to set config variables in the config a.k.a. mod_define
Date Thu, 20 Jan 2011 11:01:19 GMT
Hi,

mod_define's capability to define variables in the config is a really nice
to have feature and I have intended to integrate the module it into trunk.
But I have now noticed that core's environment interpolation of ${xxx} is
done before mod_define runs, and that it is not possible to override the
values of os envvars with mod_define. Therefore I now intend to integrate
a reduced variant of mod_define into core's ap_resolve_env. This also
makes it possible to add a command line option to define a variable.

I don't intend to include mod_define's ability to replace the special
characters ${...} with other characters. I don't think that is worth the
effort. Core will interpolate envvars with this syntax anyway.

Anyone disagrees?

Cheers,
Stefan