httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject balancers and members, oh my!
Date Wed, 05 Jan 2011 21:37:02 GMT
As you know, I've been working on adding dynamic +/- of workers
(and balancers) to mod_proxy_balancer and no matter what I do
I always get to the point where having stuff tucked away in
conf structs as well as shared mem just complicates things
to no end... The idea, for example, of having 2 sep functions
to initialize workers for example is ludicrous.

So before we go beta, I plan on removing a bunch of that;
that means getting rid of some functions and combining
others. In other words, breaking the proxy API.

But it needs to be broken to be fixed... Just a head's up.