httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Graham Leggett <minf...@sharp.fm>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1059910 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES modules/ssl/ssl_engine_io.c
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 23:39:50 GMT
On 17 Jan 2011, at 4:35 PM, Joe Orton wrote:

>> Is this not a duplicate of the BUFFER filter in mod_buffer?
>
> Ah, I forgot that was in the tree.  It is similar, but that's a
> content
> filter which requires manual user configuration, this is a
> connection-level filter which does not.  Yes, it would certainly be
> very
> nice to have a more abstract buffering filter with an API.

True.

What I've had in mind for a while is a connection level buffering
filter that allows the backend request to complete and for r->pool to
be destroyed (and all resources released), while the frontend takes
its time consuming the data. I suspect that buffering filters are
simple enough that trying to optimise them may be over the top.

Regards,,
Graham