httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: are the .exp files still needed?
Date Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:14:44 GMT
On 1/16/2011 7:35 PM, Guenter Knauf wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
> currently we have 34 .exp files for modules in source tree which mostly you commited
way
> back at 2.0.x start times for AIX - do you know if we still need them? If so we would
> probably need a bunch more since we have about 90+ modules now ...

.exp files are likely only relevant if more functions than simply 'foo_module'
are exposed, or if non-static functions must not be exported (and could be
by an automatic export of all symbols).  But I could be offbase on that.

Note libtool on AIX really sucked back in those days... in the intervening years
it now sucks less :)