httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1056448 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/mod/mod_log_config.xml
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 02:16:44 GMT
On 1/8/2011 5:53 AM, Graham Leggett wrote:

> I've got a better idea. Why not collaborate with the other people in this project instead
> of attempting to bully them with the threat of yet-another-veto?

Before you try to mis-characterize me as a bully or as veto-happy, please compare
the number of vetos I have in fact cast, here and/or at APR, over 10 years, with
a good hard look at their causes and resolutions.  Then you are free to compare
these with other httpd committers at the resolution ratio.

You removed a valid caution to users, I objected with specifics, Ruediger solved,
you fixed.  Please don't feel put upon every single time someone finds an objection
to your commit, it's enough to just be thankful we are all here crosschecking each
others work.  As you close with,

> This resulted in r1056693, and a resolution to the issue.

which is exactly as it should work.  If you objected to that sort of a solution
we might be at a stalemate, and I might be reverting, but I believe we are all
satisfied unless there are others here who still object to this becoming a
non-experimental feature.