httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Kaspar Brand <httpd-dev.2...@velox.ch>
Subject Re: SSLRequire & UTF-8 characters & backward compatibility
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:25:06 GMT
On 02.01.2011 01:04, Stefan Fritsch wrote:
> This will still treat non character string types (such as OCTET
> STRING) incorrectly, but I think we can ignore that problem. Or do you
> think we should add ASN1_STRFLGS_DUMP_UNKNOWN | ASN1_STRFLGS_DUMP_DER,
> too?

I wouldn't recommend to add these, no. First, non-STRING types
are clearly out of scope for those 13 DN attributes which mod_ssl
supports. Second, "dumping" the non-character strings would mean that
everything would always be rendered in hex - an OCTET STRING with "Snake
Oil" would show up as "#536E616B65204F696C" (not really useful for our
purposes, IMO).

Kaspar