httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: Issues with <If >
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 09:27:54 GMT
On Sunday 09 January 2011, Igor Galić wrote:
> > I am open for ideas how to solve these problems. One idea I had
> > is the following:
> >
> > Create a new function ap_if_walk() that handles the <If> sections
> > and is called after ap_location_walk(). Store the <If> sections
> > in a separate array core_dir_config->sec_if, just like <Files>
> > sections are stored in core_dir_config->sec_files. This should
> > allow to use <If> inside <Location>, <Directory>, and <Files>.
> > It may be surprising that
>
> In how far would this impact performance?

I don't think it would make much difference for a similar
configuration. The sections have to be merged at one time or another.
And if no <If> sections are used, the overhead of a ap_if_walk() call
doing nothing should be small.

<If> will always be slower for subrequests than <Directory>, etc.,
because there is no way to short-circuit the merging just because the
URL has not changed.