httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Rees <Simon.R...@semantico.com>
Subject Apache::TestRunPerl can't find mod_perl.so
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 17:26:01 GMT
Hello

I'm having problems running the tests for a Perl module that makes use of
Apache::TestRunPerl.
When I run
./Build test
I get the following error message:
-------------------
Syntax error on line 15
of /a/work/path/CGI-Application-Dispatch-2.18/t/conf/extra.conf:
Invalid command 'PerlHandler', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration
-------------------

This appears to be due to mod_perl not being loaded, in t/conf/httpd.conf I
can see:
<IfModule !mod_perl.c>
    #unable to locate mod_perl.so (could be a static build)
</IfModule>

The mod_perl build is a DSO and is in libexec along with all the other apache
modules that are loaded.

The tests do run if I pass -libmodperl to Build.PL, but, for various reasons,
this would not be an ideal solution.

AFAICT, the location of mod_perl.so should be provided by Apache::TestConfig,
but this doesn't appear to be working. Both Apache and mod_perl are being
built from source and are installed in a non-standard location. I'm passing a
correctly set MP_APXS option when building mod_perl. One thing I've
considered is that Apache::TestConfig reads the default httpd.conf set up
when Apache is built and, as this happens before mod_perl is built, doesn't
contain a LoadModule for mod_perl.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going wrong here? I'm still trying to
understand the Apache::Test framework, so might have missed something.

thanks in advance for any advice!

cheers, Simon

--
Simon Rees
Software Development Engineer

Semantico, Floor 1, 21-23 Dyke Road, Brighton BN1 3FE
t: +44 1273 358246
f: +44 1273 723232
e: Simon.Rees@semantico.com
w: www.semantico.com