httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1042255 - in /httpd/httpd/trunk: CHANGES docs/manual/mod/mod_rewrite.xml modules/mappers/mod_rewrite.c
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 16:02:56 GMT
> This means that the local rules come after the global rules in the array.
> Doesn't this mean that they get applied after the global rules?

Yes, this is the right behavior and the opposite of the existing
Inherit option [that runs the parent rules after the local ones]

I think of it in these terms but understand that it might not be 100%
clear without consulting the manual:

  no option present: inherited rules do not run
  InheritBefore: inherited rules run before local rules
  Inherit[After]: inherited rules run after local rules (only option
before commit)

I'm afraid it would require a massive camel-case phrase in a directive
to make it clearer -- any short recommendations?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com