httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pretest tarballs....
Date Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:09:56 GMT
On 12/13/2010 10:03 AM, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> The Apache httpd 2.3.10-alpha pre-test tarballs are available at:
>
> 	http://people.apache.org/~jim/httpd-2.3.10-alpha
>
> Please do a quick sanity check before I call for an official
> vote.

Can you quickly explain what a "pretest tarball" is?

If this is vetting roll.sh/release.sh, that makes sense, simple changes to
either can be made and the results of the re-polished tarball voted on and
released.  This is not dissimilar to my asking for review of stupid mistakes
that might occur extracting .mak files for a -win32-src.zip file, or some
broken binary build of any platform.

But if this is "should we vote on 2.3.10" that ship sailed... and it seems
redundant to ask users to vote to vote here.  If it's svn source at fault,
going down as a broken version is an honorable death, and we move on to .11.