httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Guenter Knauf <fua...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1040791 - /httpd/httpd/trunk/support/htcacheclean.c
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 08:08:14 GMT
Am 01.12.2010 03:24, schrieb William A. Rowe Jr.:
> The vast majority of casts are used inappropriately.  Appropriate casts should be
> documented, and you will rarely find one that can't be better addressed by correct
> normalization of all of the types/function declarations involved.  Since we are
> no where near API freeze, there are basically no excuses.
unfortunately I'm not yet familar enough with configure magic, or else I
would sit down now and add something like that:
- check version for -dev tag
- if -dev tag then add all possible warning flags dependent on detected
compiler so that *every* developer regardless of his platform / compiler
automatically gets aware of all warnings compilers might put out on
every platform

I believe that such a hack would make the situation much better than it
is now, and would often avoid usage of inappropriate types in 1st place.

Gün.