httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Fritsch ...@sfritsch.de>
Subject Re: mod_substitute tags parsing
Date Sat, 06 Nov 2010 20:51:26 GMT
On Sat, 6 Nov 2010, Nick Gearls wrote:
> Btw, I copied the code from mod_headers and it is 98% identical, so I'll
> modularise it to be 100% portable between these 2 modules (and others). The
> next step will be to remove it from the modules itself and make the static
> functions global.

This looks very similar to the code in mod_log_config. Maybe it could be
made general enough that all three modules could use the same code?

OTOH, the ErrorLog formatter can probably not use the same code. It has to
work without request_rec or server_req and should not use pools for memory
allocation.

BTW, I have also thought about making it possible to evaluate an ap_expr
to a string. Then one could use a string like "%{ENV:xxx} %{IPV6}".
Would this be a useful alternative?