httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: Log file rotation patch
Date Fri, 05 Nov 2010 16:13:12 GMT

On 4 Nov 2010, at 21:26, Brian J. France wrote:

> With the current patch, see link below, it changes the syntax to ErrorLog to this:
>
>  ErrorLog file-path|syslog[:facility] [rotating[:<interval>]]

Nice!

> There is one security issue that people may have a problem with in that the directory
path for the log file has to be writeable by the User that apache drops privilege to.  This
is because all the children will need to re-open the log file and the first one will create
it.

That is a pretty big eek. Wondering if we need a logging child - but then one would end up
with the rotatelog utility again :)

Dw.